The Black Mountain Pathway is located in Cheboygan County. It is open for use year-round and there are six trail access locations including Scramble Area, Black Lake Bluffs, Twin Lakes Trailhead, County Line Trailhead Pathway, Barrier-Free Pathway and Bummers Roost. The trail stretches a total of 30 miles and 6 loops winding through majestic pines and along Black Lake. Visitors can hike, cross-country ski or ride on horseback, while trying to catch a glimpse of Lake Huron.
Length: 30 Miles
Type: Riding, Hiking, Cross-Country Skiing
Terrain: Hills, woods
Trailhead: Is 11 miles north of Onaway via Count Road 489.
- Scramble Area: 11550 Ski Road, Cheboygan, MI 49721
- Black Lake (Bluffs) Trailhead: 11015 Doriva Beach Road, Cheboygan, MI 49721
- Twin Lakes Trailhead: 10440 Twin Lakes Road Cheboygan, MI 49721
- County Line Trailhead Pathway: 8923 North County Line Road, Onaway MI 49765
- 489 Barrier-Free Pathway/picnic area Trailhead: 7316 County Road 489, Onaway MI 49765
- Bummers Roost – 489 ORV/Snowmobile Trailhead: 6926 County Road 489, Onaway MI 49765